9 questions to ask your provider before you get pregnant
There are things you can do, before you get pregnant, to help give your baby a better chance of a healthy and full-term birth. See your health care provider before pregnancy and ask about the following topics.
What do I need to know about…
1. Diabetes, high blood pressure, infections or other health problems?
2. Medicines or home remedies?
3. Taking a multivitamin pill with folic acid in it each day?
4. Getting to a healthy weight before pregnancy?
5. Smoking, drinking alcohol and taking illegal drugs?
6. Unsafe chemicals or other things I should stay away from at home or at work?
7. Taking care of myself and lowering my stress?
8. How long to wait between pregnancies?
9. My family history, including premature birth?
Tags: alcohol, before pregnancy, before you get pregnant, birth spacing, chemicals, cigarettes, diabetes, environmental exposures, family history, folate, folic acid, health problems, herbals, high blood pressure, home remedies, illegal drugs, infections, medication, medicines, multivitamin, obesity, OTC, premature birth, prescriptions, preterm labor, smoking, stress, teratology, vitamin, weight