On Wednesday, July 13, 2016, at noon EST, we will chat about the Zika virus with Amy Pope, Deputy Homeland Security Advisor and Deputy Assistant to the President at the National Security Council and Anne Schuchat, MD, Principal Deputy Director for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
This is the time to tune in and ask your questions.
Are you wondering…
- What are the symptoms of the Zika virus? How is it spread?
- Can a mosquito really cause birth defects in babies?
- Should you travel to a specific region? Where is Zika spreading?
- What kind of mosquito protection is effective?
- If you are pregnant or thinking about becoming pregnant, what do you need to know? How can you protect yourself and your baby?
These are topics that will be discussed on the chat. Plus, you can submit your own questions, too. Just use #ZAPzika to join the conversation.
We hope to see you on the chat this Wednesday!
If you’ve got questions, send them to AskUs@marchofdimes.org.