Today we are happy to help launch the Care Women Deserve campaign. Care Women Deserve is a partnership of organizations concerned about women’s health. It includes the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, Black Women’s Health Imperative, March of Dimes, National Women’s Law Center, Power to Decide, the campaign to prevent unplanned pregnancy, UnidosUS, and the United State of Women. The goal of the campaign is to educate people about health services that are available to women with no out-of-pocket costs.
The Affordable Care Act (also known as ACA) requires insurance plans to cover recommended preventive health services without any additional cost to you. Preventive services are those that you get when you are not sick. They try to prevent health problems or detect them early so that you can get treatment. Many women may not be aware of these benefits or believe they have been eliminated.
If you have insurance, here’s a list of services that are available to most women across the United States at no cost:
- Well-woman visits
- Contraception, counseling and follow-up care
- Sexually Transmitted Infections (STI) counseling
- Cervical cancer screening
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) screening
- Breast cancer screening
- Interpersonal and domestic violence screening
- Gestational diabetes screening
- Breastfeeding services and supplies
“Under the Affordable Care Act, women gained access to a host of important preventive health services without having to pay out of pocket,” states March of Dimes President Stacey D. Stewart. “We want all women to understand these benefits, so they can be as healthy as possible at every stage of life.”
To learn more visit:
- Website: CareWomenDeserve.org
- Facebook: facebook.com/CareWomenDeserve
- Twitter: twitter.com/CareWeDeserve
- Instagram: @carewomendeserve
Join us to help all women get the care they deserve! Follow #CareWomenDeserve and #GetTheCare.