Motherhood isn’t the easiest job. Often there are personal stories that aren’t talked about. And experiences range from the joys of parenting to the heartbreak of loss. March of Dimes is changing that. We recently launched #UnspokenStories, a supportive community that gives voice to the experiences of motherhood.
#UnspokenStories empowers moms to tell their stories. We’re asking questions that spark honest and open conversation and connection across social media and in person. We want to hear about getting pregnant, dealing with infertility or miscarriage, and the challenges in between. We want every mom, mom-to-be and those hoping to become moms to feel heard, valued and supported this Mother’s Day and every day.
Join us by sharing your story and listening to someone else’s. With your help, we can bring together communities of moms like you who want to connect and share with each other, one story at a time.
How to share your unspoken story
Moms, parents, medical professionals, grandparents, would-be parents and friends: Take a video telling a piece of your story and post it to social with #UnspokenStories. You can also submit your story by visiting unspokenstories.org or by emailing UnspokenStories@marchofdimes.org.
Your post can include a snapshot of you, your baby or your family. We’re looking for candid videos, photos, or words that reflect the real you and real families across the country. Feel free to use these as inspiration for your post:
- We refuse to be silent. But we need your help to be heard.#UnspokenStories
- Every mother has a story. Share yours. #UnspokenStories
- Your pregnancy, your story. #UnspokenStories
- Together, we can heal, connect and empower parents who never dreamed their voices would ever be heard. #UnspokenStories
Other ways to support moms
Show a mom in your life—and all others—that you care about their journey into motherhood. This Mother’s Day, you can:
- Give mom the perfect gift from our gift guide and make a difference for all moms and babies.
- Start a Facebook fundraiser to make a meaningful gift that support families in your community and across the country.
- Join the fight for the health of all moms and babies at marchofdimes.org/donate