Hurricane baby checklist
If the authorities are evacuating your city, please get your bags ready. Don’t wait. This storm is going to be a big one. I have pulled together a list of things for you to take with you if you have a baby. There is also more detailed information on preparing for a disaster if you are caring for an infant on our site.
If you have any questions or concerns, leave me a comment. I’ll be watching for it.
Several pacifiers to help soothe your baby.
- Diapers (you will need about 70 a week for an infant).
- A baby blanket.
- A baby carrier because there may not be a crib or bassinet for your baby once you arrive at your destination.
- Extra clothes for your baby because these may be hard to find.
- It can be loud in shelters and hospitals. Bring anything that could help soothe you and your baby.
- Food for your baby.
- Hand sanitizer.
- Rectal thermometer and lubricant.
- Non-aspirin liquid pain reliever
- Car seat
Take care. Be safe.