My little girl has been begging to wear her Halloween costume ever since we bought it. Tonight, she finally gets to dress up as a super hero – Wonder Woman, to be exact. I’ll admit; the costume is pretty cool!
If you’re heading out for trick-or-treating today, the American Academy of Pediatrics offers some helpful safety tips:
• Make sure that costumes are short enough to prevent tripping or contact with any open flame.
• Add reflective tape to costumes and trick-or-treat bags.
• Use a flashlight and keep your group together.
• Carry a cellphone.
• Stay on well-lit streets and use the sidewalk.
• If no sidewalk is available, walk on the far edge of the road facing traffic.
• Use crosswalks when crossing the street.
• Teach your child how to call 911(or their local emergency number) if they have an emergency or get lost.
• Check candy and other treats before eating. Throw out any spoiled or unwrapped treats.
Have a happy and safe Halloween!